Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
For the remainder of the weekly updates and announcements in July, I’ll be highlighting what the different ministries in CrossPoint Community are doing. That way, you know what is going on in the ministry, and you can have conversations with those involved. This week, I’m letting you know about LYF (The Youth Ministry at CBCGL which worships with CrossPoint Community).
In the summers, LYF takes a break from formal Sunday School classes and lesson series on Friday Nights. They give their co-workers a couple of months of respite in the hopes that they come back eager to serve students for another year. So, on Sunday mornings, the Youth Ministry has had time for prayer and lessons led by Minister MacDonald. On Friday Nights, LYF Graduates and some upperclassmen prepare lessons for the youth group. They work to prepare their lesson in conjunction with Min. MacDonald to share the wisdom they’ve learned throughout the years with the rising 7th graders and other underclassmen.
The Youth Ministry also has a strong tradition of serving in the summer. They have helped with the Block Party, with Children’s Ministry, and with the Worship Service in CrossPoint. This coming week, the Youth Ministry Committee has been preparing for the Summer Youth Service Projects (SYSP). Registrations have been collected. Students have attended training. Worksites have been organized and planned. Packing list(s) have been sent.
The close to 40 students who signed up will be serving at 10 different sites in the Lowell/Chelmsford area. There will be activities/games for kids from the community each morning. Some students will serve at a Senior Center. Others will go to a community garden in Chelmsford called Sunny Meadow Farms. There will be teams who serve doing trail maintenance. Others will help out at local food banks. And still others will help at a local ministry to homeless individuals.
Students will serve together, worship together, share meals together, and build great relationships with other students – all while meeting local needs. Don’t worry too much about COVID, students will be taking two different rapid tests throughout the week to ensure that COVID doesn’t spread among the students or from the students.
Please pray that they would have a great time serving the community; that they would have opportunities to share the hope we have in Christ; that they would be healthy and safe; and that they would form great friendships and bonds through serving together.
Following the Summer Youth Service Projects (SYSP), the youth ministry invites all youth and families to a summer beach outing on July 30th (Saturday) at Salisbury Beach, MA. They will meet at the beach around 10 AM. They will relax, have a potluck picnic lunch, and have a lot of fun together on the beach. All are welcome! Participants are expected to arrange their own rides to get there. Should you want to know more about the beach outing, please contact Minister Jeremy or Deacon Charles.
Also, please continue to pray for Ukraine. May God have mercy on the nation of Ukraine. Here is a suggested list of prayers if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: https://send.org/story/hh_pray_for_ukraine. Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against the forces of darkness in this present age.
This Week (July 22 – July 28, 2022):
1. Tonight, July 22, 2022, Friday Night Bible Study is meeting from 7:30-9:30 to sing, share, and begin a study in the book of 1 Peter. You can read 1 Peter (Particularly 1 Peter 2:6-12) in preparation. Join in person in Room A-216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School are on July 24.
a. The Young Adults and Empower will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202)! We will be led by a collaboration between YA and College Student. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat.
b. “Life is a Journey” Sunday School is this Sunday at 9:45 in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, July 24, 2022, at 11:25 am, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
b. Title: The Second Coming of Christ
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming July 27, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Also, the taskforce has notified all ministries that we will no longer be taking temperatures but are once again recommending face masks. Please note that you are once again recommended to wear facemasks to church.
2. Baptism Services will be happening in August! If you’re interested in being baptized on August 6 (10 am) or August 14 (2 pm), let Min. MacDonald or Pastor Willems know so that you can attend a baptism class and participate in one of the services.
3. Lunch service on Sundays is suspended for the summer at CBCGL. See you in September when lunch prices will be $5 per lunchbox!
4. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? This week, we have an update from Gordon and Maggie, who are serving in post-Christian France. They are serving students and churches in three different cities. Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries.
5. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
– Particularly, check out the Children’s ministry Tab to sign-up, show-up, serve, and see God at work in the next generation, like at VBS in August.
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
You can also do so via the following link: https://www.cbcgl.org/pray/
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL