Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
This is the final weekly update and announcements for July 2022. In the past few weeks, I’ve been highlighting what the different ministries in CrossPoint Community are doing. That way, you know what is going on in the ministry, and you can have conversations with those involved. This week, I’m letting you know about the (older) Adult Fellowships.
The (older) Adult Fellowships of CrossPoint Community are reliable. On Friday Nights, they continue to meet in person and online for a time of singing, announcements, sharing, and Bible Study. They rotate who leads on a weekly basis to encourage members to use their gifts and to give them a role in service. This Summer, for the Friday Night Bible Study, they are studying 1 Peter. Leaders are working at preparing Bible Studies without depending on a curriculum (following the training we held for Bible Study leaders back in January). Most participants meet online for a variety of reasons, and the fellowship has been growing in attendance and (hopefully) in maturity!
On Sunday mornings, during the Sunday School Hour, the older adults are walking through a Christian education course called “Life is a Journey.” It is taught by Dr. Bill Mounce, the founder of Biblical Training .org (https://www.biblicaltraining.org/classes). This week, they are reviewing / learning about the Lord’s Prayer – both as a great prayer itself and as a guide for prayer – to focus on God and to depend on God. All are welcome to join this class, in person or online. One quick thing to note is that this class is becoming quite large and may necessitate dividing into two classes. Pray for wisdom in making that decision, and if needed, for God to raise up teachers for a second class.
On Wednesday Nights, there are a handful of faithful brothers and sisters who participate in the weekly prayer meetings. Throughout the months of June and July, we have been using Google Drive to list out our praises and requests so that we can spend more time talking with God and less time just sharing our requests. We are praying for many people within CrossPoint, seeing God answer prayers, and seeking to see God’s purposes advances and God’s will be done in CrossPoint as it is in heaven.
Also, please continue to pray for Ukraine. May God have mercy on the nation of Ukraine. Here is a suggested list of prayers if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: https://send.org/story/hh_pray_for_ukraine. Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against the forces of darkness in this present age.
This Week (July 29 – Aug. 4, 2022):
1. Tonight, July 29, 2022, Friday Night Bible Study is meeting from 7:30-9:30 to sing, share, and begin a study in the book of 1 Peter. You can read 1 Peter (Particularly 1 Peter 2:13-25) in preparation. Join in person in Room A-216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School is on July 24.
a. The Young Adults and Empower will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202)! We will be led by a collaboration between YA and College Students. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat.
b. “Life is a Journey” Sunday School is this Sunday at 9:45 in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, July 31, 2022, at 11:25 am, Elder Sean Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Mark 10:13-22, 46-52
b. Title: Let the children come to me
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming Aug. 3, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Also, the task force has notified all ministries that we will no longer be taking temperatures but are once again recommending face masks. Please note, you are once again recommended to wear facemasks to church.
2. Baptism Services will be happening in August! If you’re interested in being baptized on August 6 (10 am) or August 14 (2 pm), let Min. MacDonald or Pastor Willems know by July 31 so that you can attend a baptism class and participate in one of the two services.
3. The Youth Family Beach Trip has been postponed. It was supposed to be tomorrow (July 30), but due to some students who asymptomatically tested positive for COVID as part of a routine check during the Summer Youth Service Project week, the beach trip has been postponed; LYF is cancelled tonight; and the service project sharing will take place on Aug. 5.
4. Lunch service on Sundays is suspended for the summer at CBCGL. See you in September when lunch prices will be $5 per lunchbox!
5. We have a new missions update! This week, we have an update from COCM, which is an organization that seeks to reach Chinese individuals in England to reach all of Europe with the gospel. This week, they have had a family camp with Short-Term Mission Co-workers from 10 different churches (including our own!). Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries.
6. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin):
https://www.cbcgl.org/bulletin/ – Particularly, check out the Children’s ministry Tab to sign-up, show-up, serve, and see God at work in the next generation, like at VBS in August.
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
You can also do so via the following link: https://www.cbcgl.org/pray/
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL