Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Did you know that HomeBuildersToo! started up again this past Saturday? HomeBuildersToo! (HBToo!) is a CrossPoint Community fellowship for young couples and young families which has been meeting since 2006. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Saturday evenings of each month for a time of fellowship, family devotions, and study. We meet on Saturday so that those who serve on Fridays can still have time for fellowship and community. For this reason, many of our fellowship members attend other ministries.
The HBToo! fellowship is committed to helping families to grow in their understanding of God and his Word, to grow in healthy marital practices, and to grow as parents. We take time to study books of the Bible, books on marriage, and books on parenting. For example, this coming Fall and into the Spring of 2023, we will be studying a book called “The Christian Parenting Handbook: 50 Heart-Based Strategies for All Stages of Your Child’s Life.” Each week we meet, we will take time to share a meal, have family devotions, and will study 5 chapters of this book – discussing and learning from one another, while our kids play together.
On Sept. 10th, this past Saturday, we met for the first time in the 2022-2023 school year. We had 9 families join us – 4 from previous years and 5 new families. We took time for sharing, introductions, and prayer. Please pray that we will be able to encourage and support families while pointing each other to follow Christ. Pray also that families who came for the first time might be encouraged to return and join the fellowship, as we seek to move people from little to no knowledge of Christ, to being committed followers of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Please continue to pray for the nation of Ukraine. Here is a suggested list of prayers if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: https://send.org/story/hh_pray_for_ukraine. Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against the forces of darkness in this present age.
This Week (Sept. 16 – Sept. 22, 2022):
1. Tonight, Sept. 16, 2022, Friday Night Bible Study is meeting from 7:30-9:30 to listen to a missionary sharing from 7:30 to 8:30 pm, and then begin our study in James from 8:30 tom to 9:30 pm. Join in person in Room A-216 or online.
For the Missionary Sharing:
Meeting ID: 857 4423 2540
For Bible Study:
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. The Living Stones Sunday School and Grace Ambassadors Sunday School is on Sept. 18.
a. The Grace Ambassadors (Young Adults) will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202)! We will be studying John 18:19-40. More Info is found on the YAs Messenger Chat. For further info, contact Liu Jiang.
b. “Life is a Journey” Sunday School is this Sunday at 9:45 in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Sept. 18, 2022, at 11:25 am, Elder Jeremy Wu will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Ecclesiastes 2:1-10
b. Title: Hedonism in the Mists
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming Sept. 21, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for the nations as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Also, the taskforce has notified all ministries that we will no longer be taking temperatures but are once again recommending face masks. Please note, you are once again recommended to wear facemasks to church.
2. Sunday Lunch Service is back at CBCGL with $5 lunchboxes! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that the kitchen can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
3. We have a missions update! This week, we have an update from Rob and Lisa MacEwan, who serve in the Netherlands. They have a couple of praises and continue to ask for your prayers in their work of theological education and discipleship. Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries.
4. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
You can also do so via the following link: https://www.cbcgl.org/pray/
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL