Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Thanks to those of you who joined our CrossPoint Community Town Hall meeting. This past Sunday. We got to hear from you about your heart for the next generation and for the specifics on improved discipleship. We appreciate your feedback and your prayers as we make progress in these, and other, areas.
Please be praying for the Youth and Mandarin Ministries this weekend. The youth are attending LYF Retreat 2022 at Camp Spofford. They will be hearing messages, having small group discussions, having one-on-one conversations with counselors, times of prayer, games, great food and more. Pray that students would connect with the Lord and have their lives forever changed.
You can also pray for our Mandarin congregation. They will be having a “retreat” (with 6 Sessions!) at CBCGL this weekend. A number of our ministry leaders are helping out with the Children’s program so that regular children’s ministry volunteers can attend the retreat. Pray that their time together would be refreshing and motivating for them to grow in love for Jesus and for others, so that God’s kingdom would be advanced and God’s glory known.
Pray also that God would give us a desire for and a delight in time spent with Him in prayer. We can join God in what he is doing. We can see the faith of others grow. But we can only do these things as we live for Jesus. How are you doing praying and worshipping in spirit and truth? (John 4:22-24).
Also, of note, Halloween is coming up. One of the places where most of the Halloween activities in MA take place is Salem, MA. The First Baptist Church of Salem has put together a pdf for ways you can be praying for Salem all month long, up to and through Halloween. You can find that pdf here: https://www.firstbaptistchurchsalem.com/halloween
Please continue to pray for the nation of Ukraine. Here is a suggested list of prayers if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: https://send.org/story/hh_pray_for_ukraine. Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against the forces of darkness in this present age.
This Week (Oct. 7 – Oct. 13, 2022):
1. Tonight, Oct. 7, 2022, the Living Stones Friday Night Bible Study is meeting from 7:30-9:30 to continue our study in James in order to live out our faith. You can read James 3 in order to prepare. Join in person in Room A-216 or online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. The Living Stones Sunday School and Grace Ambassadors Sunday School will be combined in Room A-216 and online, due to the Youth and Mandarin retreat and CrossPoint Community co-workers who will be helping with those retreats. Dave Gebo will lead us in a lesson on “How can I have Faith” from the Alpha Series. I hope you can join us. You can join online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Oct. 9, 2022, at 11:25 am, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Romans 5:5; Isaiah 40:31
b. Title: Hope Can Bring Out Your Best
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming October 12, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for the nations as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Please note, you are recommended, but not required to wear facemasks to church.
2. Sunday Lunch Service is back at CBCGL with $5 lunchboxes! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that the kitchen can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
3. We have a missions update! This week, we have an update from J and J who serve with the Gideons International doing Bible distribution in East Asia. They have distributed over 200,000,000 Bibles in the attempt to reach the unreached. They have a number of requests, and continue to ask for your prayers for God’s protection in their work of outreach and in their travel back to East Asia. Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries.
4. Save the Date: On October 23rd, from 1:30 to 3:30, CrossPoint Community will join CBCGL’s Annual Meeting to hear plans for 2023 and beyond, as well as vote for new deacon and elder candidates. A reminder: If you are a member, you are expected to be present at this meeting.
5. What if you could skip one dinner eating out and use the money saved to help someone in Uganda to receive a bike? $50 can send a bike to the very poor in Uganda who cannot even afford to use public transportation and must travel hours by foot to reach church or school. Skip a dinner-out and send a bike. Donation is easy. If God so prompts your heart to help, please visit Pastor Owino’s website Letneedysmile.org to make a donation to help pay the shipping fee of the bikes to Uganda. $50 to ship one bike; $100 to ship two bikes. You can ship as many bikes as God prompts you. When making a donation online (via Paypal), please denote the donation with “Shipping fee for bike”.
6. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
You can also do so via the following link: https://www.cbcgl.org/pray/
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL