Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
We had a night to spend with family and to give thanks! We have so many things for which to give thanks – all we have comes from our Father in Heaven. We only give him what He has given to us. How are you practicing Thanksgiving today?
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is tomorrow night (Wed., Dec. 2, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online this week – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 193): “As little as I comprehend of God, I can comprehend one of the most wonderful of His attributes—He hears prayer. This is a spiritual mystery.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Praise God for raising up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Dec. 4th – LYF Online – Between Two Worlds: By Blood
- Sunday, Dec. 6th – 8:30 am – Baptism Class; 9:45 am First Sunday Prayer; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Willems will preach!)
- Friday, Dec. 11th – LYF Online – Between Two Worlds: Part of the Family
- Sunday, Dec. 13th – 8:30 am – Baptism Class; 9:45 am Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship (In Person, or via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Chin will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
Dec. 4 and 11 – LYF Online
Dec. 18 – LYF Christmas Party (Hopefully in Person!)
Dec. 25 – No LYF – Christmas!
Jan. 1, 2021 – No LYF – New Year’s Day
Jan 24, 2021 – Baptism!