Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
Last week, we had a lesson on belonging based on blood. We also talked about racism and what it can look like. Then we considered how the blood of Jesus is better – because instead of dividing it brings people together who have different ethnicities.
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is tomorrow night (Wed., Dec. 9, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online this week – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 194): “If God has blessed my weak prayers, what will He do if I yield myself wholly to a life of intercession?”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Praise God for raising up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Dec. 11th – LYF Online – Between Two Worlds: Part of the Family
- Sunday, Dec. 13th – 8:30 am – Baptism Class; 9:45 am Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Chin will preach!)
- Friday, Dec. 18th – In-Person LYF – LYF Christmas Party
- Sunday, Dec. 20th – 8:30 am – Baptism Class; 9:45 am Combined Christmas Celebration Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – CBCGL Pastoral Staff will preach!) (No Sunday School – due to worship with your family and extended worship time)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
Dec. 11 – LYF Online
Dec. 18 – LYF Christmas Party (Hopefully in Person!)
Dec. 25 – No LYF – Christmas!
Jan. 1, 2021 – No LYF – New Year’s Day
Jan 24, 2021 – Baptism!