Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
What are you doing to avoid temptation? Trying harder won’t cut it. You need to remember who you are (as a Christian) and whose you are (You belong to Christ). So turn to him and do not be led into temptation (cf. Matt. 6:13).
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is combined tomorrow (Wed., Jan. 8, 7:45 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting at the Church or Online (at 8:30 pm).
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 158): “I was created in Christ to pray. It is my nature as a child of God.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – Pray for God to lead our church in Pastoral Staff transitions. Praise God for the answers to prayer regarding the building! Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Jan. 10 – T3 – Dealing with Temptation (Large Group w/ Small Group)
- Sunday, Jan. 12 – 9:45 am Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship Service (Elder Lee will preach)
- Sign up for WTC 2020! – Registration Deadline for WTC is Sunday at 5 pm!
- Friday, Jan. 17 – Sophomore and Below – LYF Movie Night; LYTE Team, Juniors and Seniors – English Ministry Future Search Retreat
- Saturday, Jan. 18 – English Ministry Future Search Retreat (9 am to 5 pm);
- Sunday, Jan. 19 – 9:45 am Sunday School or Future Search Retreat; 11:25 am Worship Service (Elder Wu will preach)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
Jan. 12 – WTC 2020 Registration Deadline – by 5 pm
Jan. 17-19 – English Congregation Vision Retreat – for Juniors, Seniors and LYTE Team; Movie Night for Sophomores and Younger on Jan. 17.
Jan. 25 – Chinese New Year
Jan. 31 – Small Group Free Time
Feb. 1 – Youth Co-Worker Appreciation Night – Tentatively 5:30 to 9 pm
Feb. 14-17 – HS WTC 2020 – High School Winter Teen Conference 2020
Feb. 21-23 – MS WTC 2020 – Middle School Winter Teen Conference 2020