Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
Jesus curses the fig tree (for being fruitless); Jesus clears the temple (for bearing bad fruit). Jesus is looking for fruit in the lives of his disciples – what needs to go in your life in order for you to bear fruit?
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., May 6, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 168): “When I bow down to pray, the awareness of my unworthiness will not hinder me but will help me trust God.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, May 8 – Mark 11:12-25 (via Zoom)
- Sunday, May 10 – 9:45 am Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Mrs. Priscilla Lee will share God’s Word)Next Week:
- Friday, May 15 – 30 Hour Famine (via Zoom) (begin fasting at 12 pm)
- Saturday, May 16 – 30 Hour Famine (via Zoom), Breakfast meal at 6 pm!
- Sunday, May 17 – 9:45 am Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Elder Cheung will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
May 15-16 – 30 Hour Famine (Online) – Begin fasting at 12 pm on May 15!
May 24 – Baptism Service (Tentative!)
June 13 – Pre-evangelism training (Multiple sessions)
July – Day Trip Service with BP (Hopefully)
August – Serving with Local Missions