Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
During the month of December, in our prayer meetings, we are praying through the strategic goals that we have for CrossPoint Community in 2023. I realize that these aren’t SMART goals, but here is a summarized list:
a. Marriage Retreat
b. Discipleship Structure Assessment and Creation
a. Who is next? (Deacon training; Invite participation in service)
b. Identify where people are serving (Tasks, Equipping, 2.5 Hats)
c. What do you have? (Bring it to Jesus, let him multiply it.)
a. To get people to participate, we need to build Community
If it isn’t obvious to you, we are aiming at growth. Not all growth is good growth (think weeds, or tumors). But healthy people, families, and churches grow. We want to see members grow spiritually. So we will aim to have a marriage retreat in 2023 (but the timing is still TBD). We also will work on assessing our discipleship structure and see what we can do to improve it or create a more intentional structure.
We are aiming at growth in servanthood. This means that those who serve will be thinking of who they can equip – or bring alongside them, to join in the work. We want to also work at seeing where people are serving since all members are called to serve the Lord by serving the church (his body). This includes encouraging people not to take on more than 2.5 hats – roles that they play – so that they can serve for the long haul. We also want to encourage people to have an abundance mindset – where we recognize what we have rather than focusing on what we don’t have. We can bring what we have to Jesus and let him multiply it.
Believe it or not, we are also aiming at growing our congregation. To be clear, we are not seeking to grow so that we can feel good about what we have. But we are seeking to grow so that we can continue to advance God’s kingdom. So we aren’t simply aiming at getting people to stay. We are aiming at getting people to come, be equipped and encouraged, and then go out into the world to advance God’s kingdom. But one thing we need to work on is building a cohesive, cross-generational community.
Please continue to pray for the nation of Ukraine. Here is a suggested list of prayers if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: https://send.org/story/hh_pray_for_ukraine. Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against the forces of darkness in this present age.
This Week (Dec. 9 – Dec. 15, 2022):
1. Tonight, Dec. 9, 2022, the Living Stones Friday Night Bible Study is meeting from 7:30-9:30 to continue a study about God’s word. You can read Deut. 6:1-9 in order to prepare. Join in person in Room A-216 or online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. The Living Stones Sunday School and Grace Ambassadors Sunday School is on Dec. 11.
a. The Grace Ambassadors (Young Adults) will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202)! We will be taking time for the practice of prayer. More info is found on the YAs Messenger Chat. For further info, contact Liu Jiang.
b. “Understanding the Old Testament” Sunday School is this Sunday at 9:45 in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Dec. 11, 2022, at 11:25 am, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Psalm 16:11; Hebrews 12:2
b. Title: Joy is Tried By Storm
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming December 14, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for next year’s strategic goals as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. Christmas Care activities are happening. Check out the bulletin for more information about how you can be involved in serving this Christmas season. For example, this Sunday is the Kidney Disease Screening and Awareness Program at CBCGL from 1:15 to 4:30 pm.
2. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. Also, if community transmission levels are high, we will recommend mask wearing.
a. Please note, you are recommended, but not required to wear facemasks to church.
3. Sunday Lunch Service is back at CBCGL with $5 lunchboxes! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that the kitchen can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
4. We have a missions update! This week, we have an update from Jennifer and Rick Bell who serve with an eye towards East Asia. They long to return to serve the Lord in overseas missions, but for the time being, the Lord has called them to church replanting in Tennessee. Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries.
5. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
You can also do so via the following link: https://www.cbcgl.org/pray/
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL